As developers for tablets and smartphones we like to keep abreast of the latest mobile technology developments . This is a daily digest of mobile development and related technology news gathered from the BBC, the New York Times, New Scientist and the Globe and Mail to name a few. We scour the web for articles concerning, iPhone, iPad and android development, iOS and android operating systems as well as general articles on advances in mobile technology. We hope you find this useful and that it helps to keep you up to date with the latest technology developments.
- Samuel L. Jackson has one NSFW message for moviegoers – CNET
The actor delivers an unmistakable warning to those who think their phone call takes precedence over the film.
- Wal-Mart, PepsiCo and Dish pull YouTube ads over hateful videos – CNET
Big brands are flexing their political muscle as they pull even more ads from Google’s YouTube after the ads appear next to extremist videos.
- FedEx will pay you $5 to use Adobe Flash on your browser – CNET
No, seriously. It’s gotten so bad that FedEx feels it has to pay you to use Flash, a technology derided as being outdated and unsafe.
- Popular health apps for personal, fetal heart rate monitoring fined by NY attorney general
The New York AG announced settlements with three popular health apps – Cardiio, Runtastic, and Matis – over accuracy claims that weren’t backed by evidence.
The post Popular health apps for personal, fetal heart rate monitoring fined by NY attorney general appeared first on iMedicalApps.
- Baby got back! April the Giraffe's livestream has returned – CNET
Don’t panic! Animal lovers’ favorite maternity-suite cam is up and running again, as fans await the calf’s birth.
- Uber reportedly tells female recruit sexism 'systemic in tech' – CNET
A manager for the ride-hailing company writes a seemingly tone-deaf message to a potential employee, according to The Guardian.
- 4-year-old gets Siri to help save mom's life – CNET
Commentary: A UK child unlocks his unconscious mother’s iPhone by pressing her thumb to the home button and asking Siri to call for help. Apple CEO Tim Cook tweets his admiration.
- Trump talks up Charter's $25 billion investment and jobs – CNET
The president pats himself on the back as the cable operator commits $25 billion for broadband infrastructure and reiterates plans to hire 20,000 workers.
- Apple's new iPad is the best value 9.7-inch tablet (Apple Byte Extra Crunchy Podcast, Ep. 77) – CNET
Do you want to dock your iPhone in your MacBook? Apple patents reveal the company’s thinking about it. Plus, the Red iPhone 7, new iPhone SE, new iPad and more.
- The 2017 Nissan GT-R Track Edition is coming to the US – Roadshow
American GT-R fans now have a new model to dream about, the $127,990 Track Edition. It’s rocking Nismo-tuned Bilstein dampers and even more carbon fiber.
- Health care vote canceled, and Twitter dishes sick burns – CNET
Laughter is the best medicine, right? Maybe that’s why social media had such fun with Friday’s news.
- Trump treasury secretary: R2-D2 won't take your job for 50 years – CNET
Commentary: In an interview with Axios, Steve Mnuchin says he’s very optimistic that AI won’t affect jobs in the long run. He offers a Star Wars analogy.
- Footy McFooty Face leads poll for soccer team's name – CNET
Social Cues: When San Diego asks the internet to name a possible MLS expansion team, the voters don’t disappoint.
- Goodbye, GChat! Hello, Hangouts – CNET
Google’s replacing its GChat instant message service with its 4-year-old Hangouts. Most people probably won’t notice.
- The fight over Pluto is much bigger than one (dwarf) planet – CNET
A decade after Pluto was demoted, the first fly-by team has a radical proposal to restore its former status, resurrecting the biggest battle in space.
- Wonder Woman, Cyborg teasers released for 'Justice League' – CNET
The last two individual teasers of the week are now out there, as fans await Saturday’s full trailer.
- CNET UK podcast 517: A new iPhone, new Android and Zelda mayhem – CNET
The UK’s best tech podcast returns with news of new iPhones, new Android and all the info you need to know about taking electronics on your summer holiday flight.
- 'Life' science guy on looking to slime for alien inspiration – CNET
Genetics expert Adam Rutherford discusses the science of “Life” and “Ex Machina”, and why alien life could be the most significant discovery in human history.
- You can order Tesla's solar roof tiles in April – CNET
The electric-car company’s solar roof efforts are beginning to take shape.