As developers for tablets and smartphones we like to keep abreast of the latest mobile technology developments . This is a daily digest of mobile development and related technology news gathered from the BBC, the New York Times, New Scientist and the Globe and Mail to name a few. We scour the web for articles concerning, iPhone, iPad and android development, iOS and android operating systems as well as general articles on advances in mobile technology. We hope you find this useful and that it helps to keep you up to date with the latest technology developments.
- Apple's 'iPhone' 8 looks to bring a bigger redesigned battery (Apple Byte Extra Crunchy Podcast, Ep. 73) – CNET
Want iPhone 7 Plus battery life on the standard iPhone? Apple’s working on it.
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus fire caught on video – CNET
The video of an Arizona woman’s smoking iPhone attracts attention on Twitter. The cause of the fire is still unknown, but Apple is looking into it.
- Tech firms stand up for transgender rights in Supreme Court brief – CNET
Apple is among the companies signing a document to be filed as part of a case the high court is hearing next month.
- Nintendo says heck no to unlicensed Mario Kart rental outfit – CNET
Alleging infringement of intellectual property, the gaming giant is suing a company that lets you drive a go-kart on the streets of Tokyo in Super Mario outfits.
- First test: How long does the Nintendo Switch's battery last? – CNET
The Switch’s best feature is its portability, but does it have the battery life?
- Britain is beautiful in these winning photos from new drone photography competition – CNET
The competition was hosted by the Civil Aviation Authority to help spread the word about responsible drone use.
- Uber calls Waymo's lawsuit 'baseless' – Roadshow
The ride hailing company shoots down claims it stole self-driving car technology from Google’s sister company.
- Uber, Fitbit, OkCupid info exposed by 'CloudBleed' flaw – CNET
A bug affecting 3,400 websites leaked data, including usernames, passwords and messages sent by users.
- Huawei's snap-on 360 camera will let you livecast in VR – CNET
The accessory, teased earlier this week, attaches to the USB port on Honor phones.
- The 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE will be a beast on the track – Roadshow
Because every car needs a set of wicked canards.
- 2018 Ford Fiesta ST gets smaller engine with bigger punch – Roadshow
A new turbo three-cylinder, Drive Mode system and light visual changes highlight Ford’s updated pint-size hot hatch.
- Sling TV just got cheaper – CNET
The streaming TV service has new lower pricing for four of its most popular content bundles.
- FCC Chairman Pai moves to block internet privacy rules – CNET
The controversial rules passed under Obama’s FCC establish stricter requirements for broadband and wireless companies than internet companies like Google or Facebook.
- Nintendo Switch is safer without its safety straps – CNET
Commentary: I sliced my finger open using Nintendo’s new system.
- Google takes on Apple iMessage with enhanced SMS for Android – CNET
Android Messages will deliver a serious texting upgrade and come loaded on phones sold by more than 27 mobile operators and device makers around the world.
- The 404 Show 1692: Win your Oscar pool with Jordan Hoffman (podcast) – CNET
Jordan Hoffman returns to the show to give us his picks for the 2017 Oscars. We’ll run through the nominations for most of the categories and get reviews of a few recent releases as well.
- Leica just teased not one, but two new Huawei phones – CNET
Just ahead of next week’s Mobile World Congress, the German camera manufacturer confirms two Huawei devices. Surprise! Leica is a partner on both.
- What tech's saying about Trump's transgender policy reversal – CNET
Tech companies strongly oppose the president rescinding policies for transgender students.
- SMART on FHIR apps for EHRs continue to gain traction in healthcare and enable interoperability
The Connected Health conference shows that SMART FHIR continues to gain traction.
The post SMART on FHIR apps for EHRs continue to gain traction in healthcare and enable interoperability appeared first on iMedicalApps.