As developers for tablets and smartphones we like to keep abreast of the latest mobile technology developments . This is a daily digest of mobile development and related technology news gathered from the BBC, the New York Times, New Scientist and the Globe and Mail to name a few. We scour the web for articles concerning, iPhone, iPad and android development, iOS and android operating systems as well as general articles on advances in mobile technology. We hope you find this useful and that it helps to keep you up to date with the latest technology developments.
- Netflix shows get top TV nods at 2017 SAG Awards – CNET
On a night of passionate political speeches, “The Crown,” “Stranger Things” and “Orange is the New Black” demonstrate yet again that online shows are gaining momentum — and respect.
- 4 best iOS 10.3 features coming soon – CNET
The last major iOS 10 update before the big iOS 11 release in June brings some useful upgrades to the settings screen and Maps app on your iPhone or iPad.
- A messy galaxy that defies description – CNET
A new Hubble photo shows a gloriously messy galaxy that is difficult to confine to a single category.
- Asteroid whizzing by Earth 6 times closer than the moon – CNET
A newly discovered space rock the size of a truck makes the closest pass by Earth of any asteroid since last September.
- DeleteUber hashtag takes off over response to immigration ban – CNET
Celebrities are among the many Twitter users leaving the ride-hailing app to protest what they saw as a tepid response to President Trump’s executive order.
- Hungry penguins help keep car code safe
Hungry penguins have inspired a novel way of making sure computer code in smart cars does not crash.
- Start-ups banned from India recruitment
Some universities are blacklisting start-ups from recruiting on campus in a row over them pulling job offers.
- Russia's deadliest new war machines – CNET
Russia is massively increasing its military spending. Here are the incredible new tanks, ships and more that the country has been spending all those rubles on.
- On immigration order, it's Donald Trump vs. Kim Kardashian – CNET
Commentary: President Donald Trump’s immigration ban sees him facing a more powerful Twitter opponent: Kim Kardashian.
- My music
How the founders of Anghami created the biggest home-grown music streaming service in the Arab world.
- Airbnb offers free housing to those hit by Trump ban
Property rental site offers free housing to those stranded by Donald Trump’s travel restrictions.
- Baby dolphin dies after tourists pull it out of the water for selfies, report says – CNET
Commentary: In Argentina, an animal dies so that humans can take a picture. And this isn’t the first time.
- Powerful tweets remember Jewish refugees turned away by US – CNET
On Holocaust Remembrance Day, a new Twitter account shares the names and faces of Jewish refugees aboard a German ship denied entry to the US in 1939.
- Tech calls Trump immigration ban 'bigotry' and 'un-American' – CNET
The tech industry is striking back at President Donald Trump’s immigration order, saying it hurts employees and divides the country.
- US border agents checking Facebook profiles, lawyer says – CNET
Social media accounts are being checked for political views in the wake of President Donald Trump’s immigration ban, according to a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- Super Bowl ticket prices are steep, but dropping – CNET
StubHub says big game sales have been sluggish, which means fans planning to go might want to see if prices come down later in the week.
- As immigration ban hits, Trump tweets anger at NY Times – CNET
Commentary: The president isn’t using Twitter to explain his ban on refugees and immigrants. He has other things on his mind.
- Microsoft HoloLens isn't a toy, creator says. At least not yet – CNET
Alex Kipman, the father of Microsoft’s augmented reality goggles, says it will be a while before the price of HoloLens is ready for the mass market.