As developers for tablets and smartphones we like to keep abreast of the latest mobile technology developments . This is a daily digest of mobile development and related technology news gathered from the BBC, the New York Times, New Scientist and the Globe and Mail to name a few. We scour the web for articles concerning, iPhone, iPad and android development, iOS and android operating systems as well as general articles on advances in mobile technology. We hope you find this useful and that it helps to keep you up to date with the latest technology developments.
- Tom Arnold calls on 'gamers' to get Trump's taxes – CNET
The actor and comedian has also teased a database that he claims contains ‘The Apprentice’ outtakes that don’t portray the President-elect in a good light.
- Blizzard throwing 20th anniversary Diablopalooza – CNET
To celebrate the birthday of its beloved action RPG, Blizzard is throwing a series of Diablo-themed events across multiple games.
- Hubble closes out 2016 with a glorious megamaser – CNET
It’s a galaxy like a laser, emitting microwaves instead of light.
- Could editing be coming to Tweets? – CNET
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey has asked the platform’s users which new or improved features they’d like to see in 2017.
- Obama retaliates against Russia over election hacking – CNET
The president takes action against intelligence agencies and operatives, with more to come, saying “all Americans should be alarmed by Russia’s actions.”
- Tech 2016: BBC News Online's biggest technology stories
Apple, Microsoft and Google all feature in our most popular stories of 2016 – but for reasons they want you to forget.
- Duolingo introduces clubs to make language-learning competitive – CNET
The popular language-learning app introduces a new competitive aspect.
- Serena Williams engaged to Reddit co-founder, blindsides the internet – CNET
Williams announces their engagement on Reddit itself, of course.
- Neil Armstrong biopic to star Ryan Gosling, filming begins 2017 – CNET
Armstrong, commander of the Apollo 11 mission, was the first person to walk on the moon.
- Microsoft foresees AR tracking your keys, milk, entire life – CNET
A patent filing by Microsoft hints at tech that would automatically keep tabs on everyday objects so you don’t have to.
- US expels Russian diplomats over cyber attack allegations
The US expels 35 Russian diplomats in the wake of cyber attacks related to the US election.
- Tell Twitter's CEO what you want from him in 2017 – CNET
Jack Dorsey puts out an open call for suggestions, using the hashtag #Twitter2017. It seems people are hankering to edit their tweets.
- What if: 2016 gets reimagined as a horror movie – CNET
The Galaxy Note 7′s explosive saga gets a cameo in the thriller of the year.
- VW adds parking prowess through PayByPhone acquisition – Roadshow
Volkswagen announced that it will acquire mobile parking payments service PayByPhone in a deal that could give drivers easier street parking.
- For Marvel legend Stan Lee, birthday wishes galore – CNET
Excelsior! In a year of sadness, take time out to celebrate the Marvel Comics icon, now 94.
- One of tech's biggest events will go lean on phones. What's up with that? – CNET
CES may be the world’s largest tech show, but it won’t be where the year’s best phones premiere. Here’s why.
- Tim Cook calls AirPods a 'runaway success' – CNET
With the wireless headphones in high demand, Apple’s CEO says the wireless earbuds are a holiday hit.
- Uber driver insults famous football coach (who's the passenger) – CNET
Commentary: Former University of Texas coach Mack Brown gets a ride from an Uber driver who has something to say about Mack Brown.
- Amazon drones, meet your mothership – CNET
It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s — Amazon. The online retailer has its head in the clouds with plans for an airship hosting a swarm of delivery drones.