As developers for tablets and smartphones we like to keep abreast of the latest mobile technology developments . This is a daily digest of mobile development and related technology news gathered from the BBC, the New York Times, New Scientist and the Globe and Mail to name a few. We scour the web for articles concerning, iPhone, iPad and android development, iOS and android operating systems as well as general articles on advances in mobile technology. We hope you find this useful and that it helps to keep you up to date with the latest technology developments.
- Go Dragon Ball hunting with Bandai's official Radar – CNET
Bandai is set to catch your hearts, and some Dragon Balls, with this special collector’s item.
- Wes Anderson delivers quirky Christmas short that's big on charm – CNET
Snow falls on a delayed train full of holiday passengers as Wes Anderson turns his distinctive filmmaking eye toward a sweet Christmas tale.
- Another Cyber Monday, another online sales record – CNET
If you missed the deals today, plenty more should be on the way this holiday season.
- Commercial Bank of Dubai to launch digital-only bank
Dubai bank is set to launch a digital-only bank that will be based on mobile phones
- 7 ways Redditors used Photoshop to make this Corgi a hero – CNET
Social Studies: When you post a photo of a Corgi to Reddit’s Photoshopbattles, you never know what you’re going to get.
- Uber drivers demand higher pay in nationwide protest – CNET
Marching at airports across the country, drivers for the ride-hailing company join the “Fight for $15″ campaign calling for a higher wage.
- Internet outage in Germany blamed on failed botnet attack – CNET
Deutsche Telekom says 900,000 customers were affected by the attack, the second such offensive in two months.
- 'Apple Mirror' reflects a working iPhone-style touchscreen – CNET
A supersized iPhone-like device disguises itself as a regular wall mirror when it’s not busy calling an Uber, playing video or sending messages.
- Laser vision
Lasers have been around since the 1960s, but today’s highly accurate versions are transforming surgery, computing, engineering and mapping.
- Ex-astronaut's plans to take tourists to outer atmosphere
Retired astronaut Ron Garan wants to help tourists experience Earth from a new perspective.
- Measures to boost digital economy announced in Malaysia budget 2017
Malaysia’s latest budget reflects the country’s aim to boost the digital economy
- AT&T to launch DirecTV Now Nov. 30 with $35 promo – CNET
That $35 monthly price for more than 100 streaming channels is a temporary deal to lock you in, but anyone can add HBO for just $5.
- Watch the AT&T DirecTV Now announcement live here – CNET
AT&T is set to reveal a new streaming service called DirecTV Now with more than 100 channels available for $35 per month. Tune in to the live stream here.
- Google doodle celebrates the trailblazing author of 'Little Women' – CNET
Louisa May Alcott wrote that “she wanted to do something splendid… that won’t be forgotten after I’m dead.” Today, she is remembered for her writing, service during the Civil War and fight for women’s rights.
- See inside an Amazon warehouse in 360 degrees – CNET
Take a virtual tour of Amazon’s fulfillment center on one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
- Holy Mannequin Challenge! Rabbis get in on viral craze – CNET
Thousands of Orthodox rabbis make an unorthodox move — posing together for the Mannequin Challenge sweeping social media.
- Loved 'MythBusters'? You'll like 'White Rabbit Project' – CNET
The Build Team is back, and on a new Netflix show they’ll be examining cool tech, crazy heists and more.
- VSCO photo filters are super cheap on Cyber Monday – CNET
The mobile photo app is discounting its film preset filters by up to 50 percent.
- Japan to build world's fastest supercomputer. Not for Pokemon Go – CNET
Japan wants to reclaim the title for world’s fastest machine and use it for medical research, car software and building robots. No word about video games.