As developers for tablets and smartphones we like to keep abreast of the latest mobile technology developments . This is a daily digest of mobile development and related technology news gathered from the BBC, the New York Times, New Scientist and the Globe and Mail to name a few. We scour the web for articles concerning, iPhone, iPad and android development, iOS and android operating systems as well as general articles on advances in mobile technology. We hope you find this useful and that it helps to keep you up to date with the latest technology developments.
- Weird horror movies for Halloween you probably overlooked – CNET
Killer puppets, Nazi zombies and tentacled sea creatures. Instead of watching the same old scary films, catch these creepy picks you never thought of adding to your streaming queue.
- Donald Trumpkin is perfectly scaring up votes for Halloween – CNET
These jack-o’-lanterns of US presidential candidate Donald Trump are both topical and festive.
- Facebook wants to be your guide on Election Day – CNET
A new feature gives you info on federal, state and local contests and lets you put together a voting plan.
- Slasher or hacker? These 2016 hacks gave us nightmares – CNET
With so many frightening cybersecurity issues this year, it was hard to tell the difference between real life and a horror movie.
- Cute dog becomes Wonder Woman for Halloween – CNET
Let Internet star Munchkin brighten your day as she dresses in a classic Wonder Woman costume and deflects lasers with her golden bracelets.
- Relive that brutal 'Walking Dead' season 7 scene in Lego – CNET
Still upset over you-know-who dying in the new season premiere of “The Walking Dead?” Ease your pain — or maybe make it worse — with this Lego re-enactment.
- Tesla and SolarCity just made your roof obsolete – Roadshow
Tesla’s new Solar Roof, and Powerwall 2, could move residential power generation to the next level.
- IBM Uses Watson and partnership with Best Doctors to Aid Employees who are fighting cancer
New partnership between IBM and Best Doctors enables IBM employees to utilize the power of Watson Health for cancer therapy.
The post IBM Uses Watson and partnership with Best Doctors to Aid Employees who are fighting cancer appeared first on iMedicalApps.
- The coral blue Galaxy S7 Edge is the perfect phone for mermaids – CNET
Samsung gives the S7 Edge a coral blue makeover, but is that enough to keep its fans happy?
- Mobile internet use still on the move – CNET
At the rate things are going, surfing the net from a regular old computer may soon be a thing of the past.
- Oh, how the mighty have fallen – Roadshow
The story of how my team almost won the very first all-female Rebelle Rally.
- Internet Archives' vintage GIFs take you back to the '90s – CNET
The GifCities project lets you relive the web’s early days with a staggering collection of animated images. Remember the dancing baby?
- Apple going all-in on USB-C for MacBooks is great for the future, but leaves us in dongle hell for now – CNET
Commentary: CNET editor Dong Ngo cautions about the pain you might have getting the new MacBook Pro right now due to its lack of support for legacy connections.
- Allow mobile phone network roaming in UK, urge MPs
MPs urge firms to allow customers to roam between mobile networks in areas of the UK where reception is weak.
- Tech opens the door for people with cognitive disabilities – CNET
Individuals with intellectual disabilities have it particularly rough when it comes to jobs. Here’s how some are addressing the problem.
- 'More TV, film and gaming' crossover following Skylanders: Academy success
The team behind Skylanders: Academy explain to Newsbeat there’s scope for more of their gaming franchises to make the jump to the small and big screen.