As developers for tablets and smartphones we like to keep abreast of the latest mobile technology developments . This is a daily digest of mobile development and related technology news gathered from the BBC, the New York Times, New Scientist and the Globe and Mail to name a few. We scour the web for articles concerning, iPhone, iPad and android development, iOS and android operating systems as well as general articles on advances in mobile technology. We hope you find this useful and that it helps to keep you up to date with the latest technology developments.
- Two unlikely PC makers emerge: Google, Microsoft
The tech giants are certainly big enough to make waves in the market for personal computers. CNET’s Brooke Crothers considers the potential impact of their entry into the arena.
- Web Privacy, and How Consumers Let Down Their Guard
- The Man Who Turned Iran Nuclear
In a rare interview, the man dubbed "the father of Iran’s nuclear programme" tells how the project began under the Shah, who wanted to leave…
- The Awesome New Way Crisis Hotlines Are Helping Teens
NEW YORK — They stream in from teens around the United States, cries for help often sent in by text message. "I feel like committing…
- Slipstream: In Privacy Laws, an Incomplete American Quilt
- Are They Nerds Or Hipsters?
A lot of people describe themselves as nerds these days who really aren’t. They’re hipsters. But if you have a hard time differentiating, no one…
- Investigation Into Notorious DDoS Attack Finds Person Of Interest
Sven Olaf Kamphuis calls himself the “minister of telecommunications and foreign affairs for the Republic of CyberBunker.” Others see him as the Prince of Spam….
- LOOK: Rare Photos From The Night Steve Jobs Returned To Apple
Mac OS Evangelist Tim Holmes was treating the night of December 20th, 1996 like any other as he worked at Apple’s headquarters in Cupertino. That…
- Dell’s Public Problem
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Dell’s financial advisers tried to persuade 71 potential bidders to make an offer for the troubled personal computer maker before two…
- How Much Access Should We Have To Our Own Electronic Health Records?
By Jeffrey Kopman According to a new Harris Poll survey, conducted on behalf of the management consulting firm Accenture, less than one-third of U.S….
- Civilian Drones Come With Both Risk And Reward
WASHINGTON — The dawn of the age of aerial civilian drones is rich with possibilities for people far from the war zones where they made…
- Journals Updated With Dropbox Sync – Free This Weekend
Mazzuna LLC, creators of intuitive iPhone and iPad applications, recently announced the release of Journals 2.0 – the newest version of its clean and simple writing app. Journals 2.0 takes everything that made Journals 1.1 a hit and adds Dropbox syncing, iPad optimization, and a host of other [...]
The post Journals Updated With Dropbox Sync – Free This Weekend appeared first on AlliOSNews.
- Do we need a new type of phone bill?
Do people understand their mobile phone bills?